Interested in becoming a substitute teacher?
- Submit an application to become a substitute teacher. Applications can be obtained from the Board of Education building at 208 Court Street, Huntsville TN. You may also download and print a Substitute Application by visiting the Employment Applications section of the website Document Archive.
Approved applicants will then be required to attend a two day Substitute Teacher Training Class.
- Each session is approximately 4 hours and will be held at a central location determined by the number of applicants. Classes are scheduled 3 to 4 times per year, and are only available to approved applicants.
- All applications turned in at the central office will be reviewed and approximately 25 applicants will be selected to attend a scheduled class.
- Each applicant will receive a call with the information about the training sessions, date, time and location.
- All other information, and requirement will be given during the training session.
For more information call the district central office at 423.663.2159