First, let me say – WE MISS YOU, and we are heartbroken that we won’t get to see you until the Fall. Please know that we are all still here for you. If you need anything, please reach out! We will do our best to help.
Second, I know there is A LOT of different information floating around about what “school” and “classes” look like from here. Not all of it is correct. Use THIS document as your guide.
- School is not over. Classes are not finished. We still have some things to do, so do not stop communicating with your teachers!
- The school calendar has not changed. Our last full day is still May 22, so we will need to be able to contact you until then.
- PowerSchool Grades – we are working to update this system to recognize the new letter grades. There may be times that your portal is “shutdown”. This is just so we can make system adjustments. Don’t panic. You can always message your specific teachers with questions about your grades.
- Grading Scale – we will be using a new grading scale for Q4/S2 only.
100-70 will be considered “P” for Passing
69-0 will be considered “I” for Incomplete
- Students with “P” (Passing) in any class will have Enrichment Assignments for each week. These will be low stress, high interest activities focused on keeping you engaged in learning, but reducing the overall work load. They WILL require a weekly check-in to maintain your “P” grade!! We will announce an end date for these activities later. (*The April 24 date floating around is for the Oneida system, not us!) Teachers will be releasing these activities next week (4/20).
- Students with “I”(Incomplete) in any class will have the opportunity to raise their grade to “P” (Passing) for a limited time. We want to do this NOW!! Don’t wait! Turn in any incomplete assignments for the @Home Learning to your teacher ASAP!
- Any students who still has an “I” (Incomplete) at the end of the school year will be referred to Summer School. No “F” (Fail) will be issued until after that time. Use this time wisely! We would rather everyone to pass now!
- Students who owed Credit Recovery or had failing Q3 grades may have additional assignments to complete in order to earn a “P” (Passing). Again, your teachers will communicate with you about this. These are required.
- Last instructional day for Seniors is May 8. All Senior grades will be finalized at that time. SENIORS – GET IT DONE!
- Be on the lookout for other learning opportunities as we can now begin to plan for the summer –
- 10th grade Pre-ACT
- ACT Bootcamp
- 11th grade ACT in June & July (Saturday dates; free waivers)
- “Gaining Ground” instructional sessions for Math and other subjects to help students remain on-track
- Even more to come!!