What Is The Family Resource Center?
What Services Are Available Through The Center?
The primary goals for the Family Resource Center is to be accessible to parents, students, teachers, and the community. The Family Resource Center:
- provides a place to get information
- provides services to help families keep children in school.
- provides written materials on topics such as coping with stress, getting your child to follow rules, effective discipline, health and nutrition, and childcare.
- works with other community agencies to provide health and social services to families.
- provides a monthly Family Night Out focusing on topics like Home Health Safety and First Aid, Scrapbooking, Healthy Eating Habits, Laundry Detergent, and Cookie Decorating.
What Determines Our Focus?
The Family Resource Advisory Council meets quarterly to examine the needs of families and to determine the direction the center needs to take.
Where Is The Family Resource Center?
Director of the Family Resource Center
Angela (Terri) Keeton is the Family Resource Director. Dr. Keeton has her Doctorate in Educational Leadership and an endorsement in Beginning Administration. She is a 25 year veteran teacher for the Scott County School System with training in conducting Active Parenting Now, Active Parenting of Teens, Teen Parenting Classes, Cooperative Parenting and Divorce, Parents On Board, and 1,2,3,4, Parents. Mrs. Keeton has completed "Parent Involvement Training the Trainer" provided by AMSP, and "Prevent Child Abuse" provided by the Tennessee Department of Education. Mrs. Keeton serves on Pre-K Advisory Council, Family Engagement Advisory Council, Children’s Center of the